Re-Tree BG is a partnership including Operation PRIDE and several environmental and forestry volunteers committed to restoring our urban tree canopy. Follow them on Facebook to see how you can help or receive a tree!
The City of Bowling Green has received additional state funding in order to assist property owners with additional tree stump/debris removal and/or tree replacement.
Select “Tornado– tree/stump removal” as the Request Type under “Make a New Request”.
scan the QR code below
Over 220,000 cubic yards of debris were removed from City and County streets between December 18, 2021 and February 17, 2022.
- Any remaining structures to be torn down must have a demolition permit to ensure that the contractors are aware of the requirements and properly licensed and insured.
- Lawn debris will be picked up by the local solid waste hauler so long as the limbs are less than 6” in diameter and less than 5’ long.
- Small quantities of debris can be added to household trash for regular pickup.
- Normal Household Trash should be bagged and disposed of following normal garbage removal protocols.
- Remaining storm and demolition debris will have to be removed by a private contractor.